Thursday, August 28, 2008

Rain Washed

Rain came down heavily last night
Lightning, deafening thunder in its wake
As I sat to count the drumming of the throbbing in my head
It struck a million times, sending brilliant flashes all around
I drew the curtains, turned out the lights, fearful lest it strike
At times it flickered somewhere in the distance
Like an innocent candle,
Suddenly it cracked in all fury, pouring lakes of water
I was drawn out, to witness its greatness
Its might and power, I stood rooted gazing
At the red, yellow, orange and silver whip lashing
And gallons of water to drown the fire
Morning sang a different tune
Skies were rain washed, green shone all around
Blue overpowered the gray and red of the night
All sorrow, tears, heartache, and fear
Faded away in the warm morning light

No comments: