Saturday, September 06, 2008

IIMB



I wandered into the corridors of one of the seven fabled IIM institutions - IIM Bangalore. Unlike my usual Saturdays, I got up early to meet an ex-colleague and mentor. What better place to catch up than his alma mater.

We went from building to building, peeped in a classroom, talked to staff and faculty, and even went to the extent of imagining my name written on one of the place markers in the classroom! As if that was not enough, after looking at his name on the honour scroll, we construed my name written on it! The campus is beautiful with green trees, gray granite, two huge ant hills, and unbroken peace.

Why is it that some people make it to this institution and others don't? I have spent thousands of seconds pondering over this puzzle.
Some people are just born with the talent to crack CAT questions. Some people sweat on their conventional skills and make it through the 2.5 hour test, others like me sit back and wait for the nth hour to work on their quant abilities. The third category of people usually end up short of the cut throat cut offs while the first and second make it to the corridors I was talking of in the first paragraph.

Those who aspire to get into one of the IIMs and the institute is at an accessile distance to them, they should definitely visit the campus once. It does a lot for your yearning to get through the test.
The competition is tough, and it is so only because of the number of people appearing for the exam. Don't give up. There's still time left!

No comments: