Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Rose and Gold Icing


I saw the pair dancing on a cake
They looked prettier than the rose and gold icing
White flowing gown, a tiara adorning her head
Smart suit, one flower in his pocket and
The other on his arm

Oblivious of the noise and mill around
Lost in a daze they swam above the rose icing
Her mazed eyes looking at his
With careful steps, he led her into
A world all their own

We ducked for cover; a bang rang in my ears
The glass in the window, shattered, rained on us
When the turmoil halted, we rose
Trouble makers had done their task and
Killed the pretty dancing pair

My glassy eyes strained to look
No one danced above the rose and gold icing
The music went blank, no bells tinkled
I held on to the outstretched hand and
Looked back once just to make sure
In the tumult and agitation
I had not missed to see the dancing pair
But they were gone

No comments: