Monday, October 23, 2006

A Walk in the Clouds



"I have been walking...in the clouds"

"Welcome back to earth"
Watched this movie by chance for the 4th time. It is timeless and quite independent of places and cultures.A soldier headed back home from 4 years at war, a girl headed back home after going through love, heartbreak and pain at the university which brought her face to face with life. "Paul Sutton, you are the most honourable man I have met in my life" is what she says before he leaves her after helping her through the initial phase of the ignominy she suffers. He goes to her family posing as her husband so that she can face her parents. He loves her but cannot have her because he is not free. After some twists and turns in the story, he comes back to her. And all ends just as it ought to.


He indeed was very brave and honourable.

I love this movie, because it moves at a good pace and never drags. I like the strong characters of Victoria and Paul Sutton.

If I digress a little and move my focus to the influences for this movie...I would zero in on life. We often go for a walk in the clouds. We dream we strive, and we achieve some of what we long for. We become happy for a while. Then the golden edges of the pages we so lovingly had written to our lives start to fray and we are back to earth. And once a person is on earth, he constantly wants. We build more dreams, struggle and achieve them...This is a cycle that goes on. I wonder at human nature, rather marvel at it. We live for something every moment...What would life become if we never dreamt, if we never wished, if we never went for that walk in the clouds?

No comments: