Wednesday, December 27, 2006

If I had a Dog




What would I name him? When you dont have an answer always turn to google. It invariably will have something that meets your requirement. I had thought of a name - 'Zach' and rechecked with google whether this can be a name for a dog. Who cares. He's my dog and I can very well name him 'Jaya' or 'Zintau'.
Second question is, if I keep a dog, I will need to take care of his various needs like good food(almost inaccessible for me), walks in the morning and evening(I wish I went for regular walks myself), then keep him warm in the winters(no sweat, I can manage some smart sweaters for him),clip his nails, bathe him and comb his mane, take him to the vet regularly. I will have to find a good friend who can either dog-sit or entertain him at his/her place when I go out for a holiday, where zach(I settle down for this name) cannot accompany me.
Then Zach may like to have a nice little garden with lots of butterflies to chase and trees to hide behind (beats me) ! Where can I find a garden(I could ofcourse make one in the balcony) ? It is indeed a grave question and a situation that needs ample thought. I live in a city and humans, accomodating as they are, manage to find perches and roosts in high rise buildings, but what would poor Zach do, strung up on a 10th floor balcony? I can very well imagine his plight. Its just like the overseas flights, I have come to dislike because of their sheer lenth and the fact that I cannot open my window to look down! And have to sit still or sleep after I have exhausted everything there is to read in the seat pockets and watched anything that is worthwhile on the TV, till all my bones are sore.
I wish I could have a little more sunshine and flowers than a city can offer me. I know it will never be akin to what can be seen in a remote village, but there's no harm in hoping and hoping for the best.
Maybe Zach can live on love alone and my pretty little balcony garden.

No comments: