Thursday, December 28, 2006

Smiling without a reason - Encroachments on Human Freedom

India is a free country and all indians have 15 fundamental rights as written down in part III of the Indian Constitution. These include a host of civil liberties. And I being a bonafide citizen of India(by birth, by choice, etc etc) can avail these rights anytime I choose to. It is a punishable offence to deprive anyone of these rights!

At school we were mainly taught of the following 7 fundamental rights:

Right to equality
Right to freedom
Right against exploitation
Right to freedom of religion
Cultural and educational rights
Right to constitutional remedies


Today my colleagues took upon themselves this task of violation of my right to freedom! I was told "this is the first time we see you 'smiling without a reason'. You rarely do so! "
I mean this is a free country and everyone is entitled to smile whenever they please, and not listen once is a while when they are called, when the music is too loud. What's the big deal?

6 comments:

ubuntu said...

In such a situation kick the ppl's butts !!

Jaya said...

I wish I could. On second thoughts, I just think I should tackle each one individually(maybe outside the office), looking at my stature and strength, I wouldnt risk retaliation!

ubuntu said...

btw, put a counter meter on ur blog, it will tell how popular r u !!!!

Jaya said...

Thanks for the suggestion. I will find out from some popular bloggers like yourself, how it can be done ;-)

ubuntu said...

http://hindipoetry.wordpress.com/tag/dharmveer-bharti/

visit this, one of my favourites, read whole poem, its really long but worth reading

Jaya said...

Thanks Priyanshu. This is a treasure.