Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Of Countries Far Away

It is a long way away. I looked for it on a map, in vain. Its not marked :-( .But I have heard anyway. It is little as little can be. I have seen it in my dreams, for sure. It is pretty as pretty can be. A wishing well, silver pail I searched for it all over, over hours. The meadow is vast. But you will find it without fail.

I picked a scrap last night, I made it into a tiny boat and set it sail, didn't you see? Raindrops poured, it had to put up a fight.

This place I was remembering, have you heard of it? It is rugged, yet serene. Flowers peep out of every crevice, every winding. There are birds, brown, blue, red, and green. There are willows, dipping into sparkling streams. Squirrels and bees. I especially liked this little mongoose. It nosed its way over the flower beds. I bent down to look at it. Oblivious of my presence, it carried on. Sweet oblivion!

3 comments:

Ruthie said...

This place seems so familiar...I'm certain I've been there before...

Anonymous said...

impeccable grip over language!wonderful..keep it up!

Jaya said...

Hi Ruthie,
Can you tell me more about your experience in this place? It is interesting to see people draw pictures of places they've always wanted to be in.

Hi Anupam,
Thanks :-)