Monday, February 26, 2007

Of broken Tea Cups and Road Trips

I honestly don't remember how many pieces it broke into, although I picked them up myself. I should have counted. Anyways, it had lived its life well, and was destined to break. What doesn't please me is I was instrumental in facilitating its end.

I have always found road trips very interesting and exciting. Yesterday was another sort of a road trip. Foremost, it was on foot. Second, it wasn't a trip at all. It was actually a hunt for a house.

Wandering around an unknown city with 3 friends in tow, the streetlamps to show us the path, my Sunday wasn't as bad as I had thought it would be(Infact I enjoyed it). This sort of an approach works sometimes. Expect absolutely the worst from a situation and you may end up being surprised by what meets you . I wouldn't recommend this approach to anyone. This causes one to become an underachiever if applied to everything in life. It is only when you land in an unknown place and are desperate to try and make it your home, that you should come with your head full of apprehensions, misgivings and ghosts.
I may or may not have found what I had been looking for but in the process, I have discovered what is real.

2 comments:

ubuntu said...

And then Morpheus asked Neo:
WHAT IS REAL?

So enlighten your humble readers ma'am

Jaya said...

Over the years I had formed pictures of people, of cities, of situations. Now that I face all of them one at a time, I can see they are very diffetrent from what I had conjured. It doens't necessarily mean that they are worse, it is just that they are real, alive and non-passive. What would life be if we weren't thrown against rocks occasionally? Anyways what is real is more inviting!