Monday, February 12, 2007

Yet Another Day

Incessant rains in the city for the past two days. Watched Black Friday yesterday. Good movie but I wouldnt like to watch it a second time. Too much of stark truth is bad for the senses. I like the songs by the music group Indian Ocean.
It is wet and cold again, and I am spending my last few evenings in the National Capital Region reading newspaper with friends over pizza, tea, old songs, singing and talking.

This is yet another day in my life.

With V-day around the corner, the malls are adorned with big red hearts. My cousin, with his ever enterprising ideas, says : "When I have a mall of my own, I will hang up such hearts and place people in the opposite gallery with shot guns!" He is a good sport and I appreciate his ideas for all they are worth.
I was reading the Times yesterday and I had to use filters to protect my eyes from the red that shone on each page! One article about V-day that I found sensible and really funny is called "Lovers as Buffoons". This is the link to it.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/1590361.cms

I was talking to my friend this morning and he says: "Your posts are so big! I look at them once and yawn. Then I start reading and by the time I reach the last line I have already forgotten where I began!".

My aunt called me up this morning, obviously annoyed at me for not showing up at her place for the past two weeks and having the audacity of not giving her a phone call.

I have to talk to my HR today and move on with my life.
People have been trying to shield and protect me from the big bad world. Surprisingly they are more scared than I am.

Another day in my life. Cannot even classify it as good or bad. I can just hope the next one is better.

6 comments:

esirah said...

Interesting stuff.. Sounds a lot like any given day in my life. :-)

Jaya said...

:-) I am glad.Hopefully today should be better.

Khushboo said...

I wish was there to see those rains..Its so boring in bangalore..So when r u coming here? Bring those rains too :)

Jaya said...

I wish I could ;-) I will be in Bangalore on 15th.

पुष्यमित्र said...

please tell me how could u manage to create the coloumn RECENT COMMENTS in ur blog. I am alos bloggers user but unable to find way to create this in my blog.

Jaya said...

Sorry, I checked your comment today. This is how you can add recent comments section on your blog. Add new page element. Select feed and type in the following url http://'yourblog'.blogspot.com/feeds/comments/full. Replace 'yourblog' with the address of your blog. I picked this info from someone's blog but I do not remember who. I would have liked to thank the person.