Monday, January 15, 2007

Going Home :-)

My brother's wedding is on 24th of January. Everyone(Maa, papa actually!Just the two of them) at home is running every which way. Last minute guest lists and shopping lists are being drawn up. The house has been re-painted, trees trimmed, caterers have been engaged, hotel rooms have been booked. Cards have been sent out, phone calls by the dozen have been made. My parents are in a frenzied state! They do not even have the time to talk to me! They dont even remember who I am! They are not even aware that I am living the life of a 'refugee' in Noida, with all my belongings already sent to Bangalore!

The groom reaches on the 20th of January along with our sibling in Bangalore(I have had long discussions with him , regarding his views on the subject. Have not been very successful. One of the most reticent grooms! On being asked about his attire - "I have got a coat, a tie, a nice shirt, trousers, cufflinks and shoes! The rest will be arranged by ma." I give up!)

I will be home on 21st(finally), after long battles and much 'sword brandishing' on either side(me and my boss).

Our eldest brother and his legal wife(my 'bhabhi' :-) will reach on 22nd January. Then will our troop be complete (not quite)! Now that I have got some time to breathe, I think I am very excited and looking forward to the occasion. On second thoughts, I am worried because I have not shopped for any dresses except one. I will leave it to ma to fix something for me.

4 days to go!

No comments: