Friday, January 05, 2007

In a Soup

I am in a soup, alright! And considering my swimming skills, I risk drowning.

I wish everything were different!
Being pulled into so many different directions at the same time is overwhelming. Monday is supposedly my last working day(LWD). I have been singing this in the ears of my HR and my Line Manager(who has been very cooperative) every third day for the past 4 weeks but my boss(Project Manager) never had the courage to discuss my LWD in a meeting. He has not been in for the past week.

Tomorrow I will pack my belongings. On Sunday I have called the Packers and Movers to transport my car and other movable property to Bangalore, reducing my state to near homeless.


I have to reach Bangalore on the 13th and report to my new employers on the 15th of this month.

Yesterday, after being prodded on by a wellwisher, I got my reservation for home done for Monday, the 8th of January. Everything looked so right and appropriate.

This morning I went to discuss my LWD with the HR again and to tell her that I have got my tickets done for Monday. But it appears she had a conversation with my boss and he wishes to discuss things! How stupid can a situation get? Was he asleep when I had been singing all these days that I wish to be set free on the 8th of January so that I can get on with my life? Why does he suddenly want to discuss all this now? Why does he refuse to see logic and reason and realise that all possible project transition has been done. There's nothing I can do further, and there's no point in making me continue working on this assignment, when others can take over wholeheartedly, whereas I will work, but like a zombie.

I am tired.
Let me go.

Why doesnt everybody recognize, that a person has limits, stretching beyond which is humanly not possible.

Test me further, strain me further and I break.

2 comments:

ubuntu said...

no need to break down so easily, this world is a bad place if you let it exploit you, be strong, i have always considered you stoical person. Face the mean, bad world.
follow the motto : veni,vidi,vici

Jaya said...

Thanks :-)
I will try and face things, as they come. Recuperating...will be back soon.