Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Zindagi Rocks!

My cell jumped out of my grip this morning like so many other past instances as I descended the stairs! But this was to be its last jump to freedom. My humour's gone missing. I cannot hear it ring, I can see a tiny triangle in the top left corner, where some gibberish gets displayed. Rest of the screen is blank. Thankfully I have owned it for an eternity, and know its ways well(atleast I thought so). Confidently I dialled a number by punching in the name of the callee and called someone else instead . I told my mom about it and she fainted! Other catches to this are: Most of the numbers are stored in my phone memory, and I cannot retieve them, I cannot set the alarm hence am at the mercy of others to wake me up, I cannot set reminders and am at risk of forgetting other important events...

I forgot my cousin's birthday yesterday(Point to be noted - My phone was healthy then). I had been reminding myself until Sunday that I have to call him on 16th. I did not remind myself on Monday and there goes! I wake up on Wednesday remembering I missed something on Tuesday! The throbbing in my temples from Tuesday is so much in love with me, that it refuses to leave. Why does this always happen with me? I am jinxed. As long as people don't get too mad at me, I can handle it. I called him up tonight and made up for yesterday. Saved.

I picked up the newspaper. Everything is painted with Abhishek's engagement to Aishwarya (Now I suffer from a broken heart as well). As if that was not enough, they print discussions about the Bunt or some such community wanting the wedding according to their customs! How are we concerned with all this or for that matter anything they write in the Times? This was the story of the actual newspaper(wait till you risk reading the Delhi Times)! I have stopped reading the supplements except for the cartoon strips. It is an absolute waste of recycled paper. I strongly recommend they 're-recycle' these pages and put them to better use.

Slogging all day is not enough. Work is spilling over and I have to work at home as well. Come Saturday.
And they haven't yet announced the date for the GIR.
All I can say is "My life Rocks"!

10 comments:

ubuntu said...

So dear whn r u buying the Phone now ???
:-)

i will envy u whn u'll get the iphone ....

as far as ur zindagi is concerned it still rocks,
mine is as blunt as a grass blade :-(
so njoy ur life while its rocking

Jaya said...

You can stall your envy for a while. I am not so well off to invest in an iPhone yet.
Too much rocking upsets my faculties. I dont mind as long as there's just guitar and a few drums. Wait till your life rocks. You will wish you were back in the meadows!

Anonymous said...

hahaha... The first laugh of the day to Jaya... Three cheers to life.. Zindagi Really Rocks..
Mine too going in a bit similar way..
I just keep smiling on my bed thinking about the day..
Aadab arj hain:
Muhabbat, Ibadat, ya aadat.. kahte aaye hain log apne khyalon ko
Use kuchh na mila apne jajbe ke liye.. Aisa na dekha tha..
Log Tanhaiyo mein aansoo bahate hain kisi ko yaad kar
Woh hansta tha kisi ka naam lekar akele mein..
Aisa na dekha tha.. (Will continue someday.. It is one of my biggest composition..)


Hey..have a lot to do now.. But sure this time you were great..This is real you..Isn't it?

See you later.
I was coming out of parking .. my Mobile rang ..I was taking it out of my left pocket using my right hand as I was holding my office bag in left hand.. It slipped and know what.. A car crossed over it...
So my mobile was on path of salvation instantly.. and know what..
it was an iPhone..:)
Le'Chaime..

Regards,
Vatsal

Anonymous said...

I didnt know about iPhone. Mine was a pocket PC ..iMate. It was good to know about iPhone reading your blog. I searched on it .. Apple is stealing ideas now.. We have to be fast..:):)

Neways.. Today is going to be a very busy day.. See you later.

Happy Republic Day..

Mohe Mohe Tu Rang De Basanti..:):)

Have a great day ahead.

Vatsal

Jaya said...

Vatsal,
Good to know, I am not the only one suffering! Hope you recover from the loss of your phone soon.

Unknown said...

Hi Jaya,

I didn't loose the data saved in my phone. Sign of a good engineer is he always have a back up( obviously if life allows him to take it..many times life doesnt).

Just using my office extension as a single point of contact and know what I am not facing any probs.

I have got used to do without my mobile.

For reminders, I have my laptop at home and my workstation at office.

I forget things even when I set reminders for them. I think I will do it after half an hour and it goes.

Why your wordpress blog is not working from here??
You on leave??

Great news..:):)

Know what.. these days I have started doing some new awkward things.
One example is whenever I come to office, and obviously having something in mind, I open my web browser, home-page is google(Dont be so proud of your organization..).
I search for something...

I click "I am feeling lucky".. everytime.. and most of the time it works..
I am feeling lucky..:):)
(Lucky??? who? ) :) :)

Have a great day !!
Your composition .."Was it you"
( 2nd Feb. 2007)was great but I couldn't get somethings out of it.
Exactly saying, it matches Ms Maha Devi Verma's style. .. "Rahasyavada". They call it. I loved it from her.
Kya pooja kya archan re
Jo tum aa jaate Ek baar
Kaun tum mere hriday mein..

I couldnt stop saying "Great going.."
I was reading Agyaya at home..
One poem was great..
Will tell you someday about it.

Have to go now..Reminder is shouting. I am thinking I will do it after half an hour...:)

Keep smiling.
Do take care.
Vatsal

Jaya said...

Hi Vatsal,
I am glad you did not lose everything after all as I am prone to doing most of the time.
Good luck with your reminders :-)and the new interesting hobby. Hope you get lucky soon!
I do not have a blog on wordpress. Are you sure you are talking to the right Jaya?
What did you not understand in 'Was it You?'? I will be glad to explain.
I will read Rahasyavada. From what you quote of it, it appears an interesting read. Thanks.

Parimal Peeyush said...

heyyy...yar u need to chill in life a bit..we know things arent exactly how God wanted them to be..poor guy..must be regretting y he planned to create this hellish place called planet earth..hehehhe..but then there are people like u who make it a place worthwhile to work to make it better..whether u wished me on my bday or not doesn really matter..wat matters is that its high time u bought a new phone instead of 4 pairs of weird lookin shoes..aaaaaahhhaaaahaaahaa..dont kill me for this sis..pleeeeeeez!!!

Jaya said...

I agree. 'He' must have been thinking of 10 diffrent things or been in an awful mood the day he drafted the plan for planet earth! Wait till I catch up with you! You will pay for all you laughed at my shoes.

Unknown said...

Nice blog,i need to come encore!!!