Thursday, January 18, 2007

Star-Crossed

It was never meant to be
I would bide by instants gone
Weaving in and out of a dream
Why did it happen?
What was never meant to be

I willed it would never happen
Star-crossed as my path is
Sunshine trickles down, blinds me
Did I leave a stray Cleft unbound?
Watch over me while I see

A waif, a wisp, a wanderer
They didn't know her
'tis inviting, this other realm
I will walk over and see, keep my twine
Here I go, hold firm

Is it raindrops, I hear?
Does it rain in these parts?
Must be an illusion
A deluge follows, the rampart crumbles
Fend for me while I build again

I had willed it would never materialize
Star-crossed as my life is
Why can I see those stars gleam?
Makes me uneasy, agitates me
Shroud them, so that I may not see

Let me be
Let me ramble
Why do you mark it?
Star-crossed as my path is

Why did it happen?
This was never meant to be.

No comments: