Saturday, March 17, 2007

The Craziness of it All

A needle poking from my mattress? My mother always told me not to do any sewing on the bed. Had I listened to her I would not have to get up and feel the entire length and breadth of the stupid mattress at 3.30 in the night. Probably a fibre of whatever it is made of! It sure is annoying.

Anyhow it is not very cheering to get up at 3.00 when you finally somehow cajoled yourself to sleep at 2.30. And then lie awake after some silly nightmare. I knew the day would be bad from the start. For one I came back by the 3.15 bus in the afternoon. I should have stayed on, gone for tea with friends in the evening, but who listens to reason. I have to do what I will. I flipped on the lights, tried watching 'Chicken Little' to soothe my nerves a bit(I love to see him fly off on the soda bottle!), wrote a stray text message, got a glass of water, ate a few cookies and some chocolate, but to no avail. What is scarier than the nightmare is the dread, looking at the watch produces. Its 5.00 AM and work in 3 hours time(though not too much to keep me busy through the day). The very thought vapourises whatever little inclination to go back to sleep might have remained.

The craziness of it all! I will not leave work until the hands on my watch show 6.15 in the evening. Work or no work, I will stay put until I can come home with not more than 4 hours at my disposal. Surf the net, fix dinner, talk to friends, surf the net, write a little, read a bit, and be off to sleep.

No comments: