Friday, March 23, 2007

Dancing all Night



Dew still lingered
It dribbled softly
Into puddles at the feet
Of the shrubs

My feet hurt
From the exhaustion
From the drill
From the ecstacy, the flight
From dancing all night

The sky melted
Raindrops pattered
Into the puddles
Mingled with the dew
Strains flowed, anew

I just couldn't stop
This was one game
I never tired at
I jigged, I waltzed
I danced all night

Morning yet distant
All was dark
I struck a match
Stood lone
My dancing shoes still on

A stray drop rolled down
Memories rushed by
I blew out the light
I must not forget all
Just 'coz I danced all night

Leaves sparkled
Dew dribbled softly
Washed by raindrops
Into the puddles at the feet
of the shrubs


Morning lit
Birds awoke, stirred
I lay by the window
Couldn't get up, how I tried
Probably I was tired, from dancing all night

No comments: