Sunday, March 18, 2007

First Game Fizzles out!


I had 'Great Expectations' from the first match India was going to play in the World Cup. I specially packed my toothbrush, comb and some buiscuits to go over to my friends place to watch the match. We kept our fingers crossed, but all hopes of a victory were dashed when India lost to Bangladesh by 5 wickets. It was depressing the way we batted. Even the ones who managed above 50 runs, did so at the expense of time and overs lost. It was a disaster from the start. I wont venture to post the scorecard (psst..its embarrassing!)
To reduce our gloom we switched channels and watched the Ireland Vs Pakistan match. Pakistan had worse fate than ours. They lost with a score of 132!
There are slim chances of us going to the Super 8. Sri Lanka are a tough team, and they've already won their first One Day against Bermuda. We will win against Bermuda but Sri Lanka will be a more skilled opponent. Still Sri Lanka are our only hope, since my faith in the Indian team has suffered considerably after the night out of yesterday. May we win against them.

Come 19th and I will pack my toothbrush once more and head towards my friends place.

No comments: