Thursday, March 22, 2007

Mahashweta

I read the review on my friend's blog ( http://wishes-and-world.blogspot.com/2007/03/mahashweta-book-review.html ) and had been interested in reading the book 'Mahashweta' by Sudha Murty ever since. I read it today and am glad I did. It defines relations in such a different light. Strength and belief are all one has to fall back on.

In the world I live in, I had almost forgotten cruelty and segregation of the sort still exit. Apparently they do and on a big scale, however much I shut my eyes and keep the real world out. I will not dwell on the content of the book. Although it is a small book and not more than one or two hour's worth, I would never be able to do justice to the depth it has. I am still in a trance. It sure has volumes to speak.

2 comments:

Khushboo said...

So you also read the book :) Its nice na. What else are you reading these days?

Jaya said...

I started reading Eldest(the sequel of Eragon) and a book called Art through the Lenses(it is on photography). I liked Mahashweta a lot.