Monday, March 05, 2007

Scarlett

Years back I had read the book "Gone with the Wind". It is a big book and very interesting. Revolves around Scarlett O'Hara, Rhett Butler, Ashley, Melly and a host of others. War, misfortunes, struggles to keep her home Tara alive and losses.
Now I am reading its sequel Scarlett. The book is not very different from the previous. Another set of losses and mishappenings. What keeps me going is the one statement I love about these two books..." I will not think of it now, I will think of it later ".

She is a strong woman. The only good attribute to her. A little crazy and shrewd at times. I do not like her much, nobody does. Some people even pity her. That makes me relent and let her be.

The author Alexandra Ripley writes in a fashion a little different from Margaret mitchell's and sometimes overdoes my favourite line. She has succeeded in doing 'part justice' to the sequel. Anyways sequels never are a match to what the first books are. Good attempt.

2 comments:

ubuntu said...

finish your book fast and then write a review

Jaya said...

Thankyou for the wisdom. I admit I rushed my review a bit. As I continue reading, I find Alexandra Ripley has not made a bad job of it at all. Considering you gave me the book, I can understand you were not happy to read that hurried review. I will attempt it again soon :-)